Overall Project Objectives
The main objective is to support the growth of rural development through the establishment of platforms and permanent exhibition to market the rural and Badia products, whilst increase the awareness of public towards the natural and socio-economic values of Jordan Badia and its Adjacent Rural Areas.
Several specific objectives are expected to be achieved including:
- Link the local products of rural areas and Badia region with the mega markets in Jordan;
- Improve the financial status of CBOs in the rural areas and Badia regions;
- Create a platform for knowledge sharing and exchange of experiences among CBOs;
- Support the cottage industry led by women in the rural areas;
- Contribute to create jobs and income-generation opportunities in the rural areas and Badia regions;
- Create a public space for the people of Amman;
- Improve the awareness of public on the importance of local products, particularly the local food products;
- Advocate the natural, cultural and social values of rural areas and Badia regions in Jordan.
Concept Proposal Video